}

Thomas Paul - Nautical Homeware

Luxurious 600 thread count Ship Duvet Cover by Thomas Paul

Ship Shower curtain in ink by Thomas Paul
Do you guys know about super talented American designer Thomas Paul? I'm sure most of you do. I remember being sent images of his lovely little blue New York apartment in the mid 2000s. Well he has gone all nautical on us. A few years back I fell in love with his melamine whale platter I ended up giving as a 30th birthday present. I'm still not sure if it's cool to give melamine as a 30th pressie but the illustration is so amazing I can kinda justify it. Today I have just discovered he has branched his inky blue illustration into gorgeous nautical bedlinen, cushions, tea & bath towels, shower curtains and scarves.  The nautical trend has been around for a while now. I first saw hipsters in New York and Tokyo dressing like hardworking fishermen in late 2009 early 2010.  I even did a little SnOOp post about it last year as a Trend Alert  here. I don't think I will get tired of this look for a while yet.

Make sure you check out his website because there is a whole world of lovely on it.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea!! One other that I utilize often is to take pictures of my rooms and looking at them on the computer screen…for some reason, it gives me a new perspective and new way of looking at the room. Not sure why it works, but it does:) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this too Patty. I often see the missing gaps

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to know if you end up purchasing any of these textiles. It's hard to find solid reviews for them, and at the price point ($120 for a shower curtain!) I wanna make damn sure they're sturdy like those old gnarly sailors whose profession they evoke, ya know?

    ReplyDelete