}

Home Style

1. Angie Johnson  2. Amian Asraf  3.Amareline  4. Mel Vyvyan 5. Tim Dear & Darling 6. Tricia Royal 7. Benzoo  8. Hannah Karina 9. LuisAHHH 10. Kelly Connor 11. Hannah Karina 12. Katie Angilletta 13. Memepunk 14. Carmel Chetcuti 15. Angie Johnson  16. Morgan
 Good morning everyone. I hope you had a lovely weekend. I wanted to start this week in saying how amazing you all are. As you know I have worked on magazines where the culture is very different to what you find on the net. It's funny how you hear so many journalists saying how blogs are a danger to professional content. Well I'm going to say it here. I think I was lazier on a magazine than I am here when it comes to researching. It has been like an awakening for me. Instead of going to press events, trade shows and flicking through other magazines and papers I have discovered you! A group of very talented individuals who have a lot more to give than a lot of journalists I know. I have spent over ten years trying to predict the latest trends, find inspiring people and present breathtaking homes. However, what I have learned with my little time within the blogsphere is a new depth. You have shown me and reminded me how we live in our homes. While the magazines and papers are telling us now to buy vintage and  make do and mend you have all been at it for years. I love it how so many of you are brave enough to stand in front of your camera and photograph your outfits each day and share it with us. I want to celebrate your creativity, courage and sense of humour. Most of all thank you for giving us a little sneak peak into your life. xxx


7 comments:

  1. ;-) very cool! xx cat
    CiTiEs of B

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. - I have finally given myself a chance to spend a good long while on your blog. It will be going straight onto my blogroll before I get distracted by something else. I found your post on the LA Chinatown loft. OMG I love that space. Might be my favorite ever. Have you ever seen Scent of Green Papaya? The house that she ends up in has similar colors. I was going to post about that loft myself. Maybe I should just give up blogging and have everyone link directly to you! Off to look at your Paul Smith post again with that great chair and Mr. TC himself! Oh thanks for reminding everyone that modern and "new" doesn't have to mean colorless. (I mean by colorless that awful sooty stuff that is so popular these days too.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and Welcome! I love the Chinatown loft too. It's such a clever use of colour in a large space. I think its one of my favourite houses I have had photographed. The reason is I remember all the details of the house even after all this time. I really am glad you are enjoying the blog and I can't wait to see again soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog, I love photo #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find daily inspiration, wit, intelligence, and passion for design every single time I hop over to your blog. It is one I love reading - the realness of your posts and the people in them makes it incredibly unique in my eyes.

    As someone who recently moved in with a boyfriend, I'm dealing with lots of design challenges and rewards. We are just about to get a major redecorating project under way... and I can't wait to share it with you. Your blog has definitely provided inspiration! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Prippy! Thank you so much for your kind words. How exciting you and your boyfriend about to embark on your decorating project.Please do share it. I would love to hear about your story. My fiance and I often clash with our ideas. It's pretty funny. Sometimes I'll come home and he has rearanged our stuff so then I find myself rearanging it again. Can't wait to hear more xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was such an enlightening post about the world of journalism and hte blogosphere. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete