}

Brent Bolthouse - American Dream


I was channel flicking this afternoon and found myself watching MTV's show The Hills. Please don't tell anyone! The show instantly sent my mind back to when I went to the creator and actor of the shows AMAZING home. 

First meeting Brent Bolthouse I instantly had a huge crush. Good-looking, super successful and a lover of restoring old masters how could I not. 

In Hollywood, some say your cool credentials depends on whether you've received an invitation to a Brent Bolthouse production party. Dubbed the 'King of LA Nightlife', this party-planner has a golden Rolodex bulging with A-list contacts - Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz and Lindsay Lohan to name just a few. 

Like many Hollywood hopefuls, the potential of this Los Angeles home had been overlooked - until discovered by Brent, a passionate buyer with an eye for true star quality. 


But with a glamorous 'day' job that essentially means working all night, this is one man who is in desperate need of time out in the best and most relaxing surroundings, which explains why he says his greatest indulgence is his home. 

Located in the East Hollywood Hills, with sweeping views of the city below and the San Gabriel Mountains in the distance, the home was designed by legendary American architect John Lautner. 'It's not a large home by LA standards, but Lautner's design means that it never feels claustrophobic', says Brent. 


I found it tough to get this house published and looking at the beautiful pictures by photographer Richard Powers again I do scratch my head and wonder why. This house is a star who deserves to be in the spotlight. 

You can check out more of this story and the history of the home in this months Australian Inside Out magazine. 




3 comments:

  1. Just stumbled on your site. I love this home. It's amazing how a home with so much concrete can feel so warm and cosy. I will be sure to visit again

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time on your blog - can't be BB lives in this house! (I watch the Hills too, massive guilty pleasure. I'm still not actually sure if the people really exist or not so I guess this is confirmation that they do!)

    Massive Lautner fan here. Lucky boy, living in this beautiful building. (And city. Soggy Londoner, here. Love LA.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog. I can confirm mr bolthouse is real. He has a great love for mid century modern. I remember coming back to my London office telling everyone how Brent was my dream man.

    ReplyDelete